KNOCKHOLT PARISH COUNCIL
Last chance to comment on the draft Local Plan
KNOCKHOLT PARISH COUNCIL
Residents can have a final say on the new Local Plan in a consultation running from 18 December to 3 February 2019.
Local people have one last opportunity to comment on the draft Local Plan before the Government’s Planning Inspector considers it next year.
The Local Plan will guide what can built and where in the coming years and proposes to protect almost all of the District’s Green Belt, with just three Green Belt sites identified for much needed new homes and community infrastructure.
Over the past 18 months, residents had their say on the principles of the new Local Plan and, over the summer, the first draft of the Plan, with possible Green Belt sites for new homes.
Residents can now have their final say on the updated Local Plan, known as a ‘Regulation 19 Publication’, that will run from 18 December to 3 February.
Running alongside of this consultation will be an opportunity for residents to express their views on four additional Green Belt sites put forward by landowners and developers after the Council published the first draft of the Local Plan.
After the consultations close on 3 February, the Council will submit residents’ comments and the draft Local Plan to the Planning Inspector for consideration.
The final decision to approve the Local Plan will be taken by the Planning Inspector during a public examination in 2019.
If any residents wish to speak at the examination, which is at the Planning Inspector’s discretion, they will need to register their interest during the consultation period.
Residents can take part in the consultations at www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/localplansubmission
They can also find out more at five drop in sessions in the New Year. These are:
Kemsing Primary School TN15 6QB
Monday 7 January, 5pm to 8pm
The Alexandra Suite, Swanley BR8 7BU
Tuesday 8 January, 2pm to 8pm
The Eden Centre, Edenbridge TN8 6BY
Wednesday 9 January, 2pm to 8pm
New Ash Green Primary School DA3 8JY
Thursday 10 January, 5pm to 8pm
Sevenoaks District Council TN13 1HG
Friday 11 January, 2pm to 8pm
Cllr Robert Piper, the Council’s Cabinet Member for Planning says: “We have carried out extensive consultations and listened carefully to our residents. Based on the evidence we have gathered, we are proposing to deliver a new Local Plan that will protect the overwhelming majority of the Green Belt while providing 10,000, much new homes together with community infrastructure such as new schools and health facilities.”
“I would urge residents to take this final opportunity to make their views known on the Local Plan before it is considered by the Government’s Planning Inspector next year.”
Notes to editors
The Government has told the Council it must plan for its housing needs up to 2035. While the Council will prioritise brownfield land and building at higher densities, with 93% of the District in the Green Belt, and the remaining 7% close to being fully developed, the Council has a duty to consider Green Belt sites put forward by landowners and developers.
The Council rejected 388 of the 400 Green Belt sites put forward and, over the summer, asked for residents’ views on the remaining 12 sites in the first draft of the Local Plan.
After considering the 8,500 resident comments, and further expert reports and feasibility studies on the sites, the Council is proposing to identify the following three Green Belt sites in the new Local Plan:
- Tarmac Quarry, Sevenoaks (Sevenoaks Northern Masterplan)
- Land south of Four Elms Road, Edenbridge
- Pedham Place near Swanley and Farningham as a broad location for growth, subject to further work
Following the publication of the Local Plan for public consultation, several landowners put forward additional sites for consideration to be included in the Plan. The Council is consulting on these sites at the same time as the Regulation 19 consultation and residents’ comments will be passed to the Planning Inspector. The sites are
- Land south of Redhill Road, New Ash Green
- Land between Hartfield Road and Hever Road, Edenbridge
- Land west of Childsbridge Lane and south of the recreation ground, Kemsing
- Land north and south of Kemsing station.
Issued by: Daniel Whitmarsh, Communication and Consultation Manager
Call: 01732 227414
Find KNOCKHOLT PARISH COUNCIL
Knockholt, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 7LD
If you wish to make an enquiry or booking of the Village Centre Hall please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who is the Booking Secretary.